Sunday, September 18, 2011

1949 ANTIQUE OLD WOOD 8052 SILVERTONE SEARS ROEBUCK & AND CO. TUBE WOOD RADIO

This auction is for an all original 1949 Silvertone radio.  It is about 13 1/4 inches across, 10 inches tall, and 6 1/2 inches deep.   

POSITIVES

The radio works great.  many stations seem to come in fine.  All four of the turning knobs seem to work as they should.  It has the original back and all original parts it seems.  There are no chips or cracks in the wood finish.  A light does come on behind the station dial when turned on.     

NEGATIVES

I am not sure if the finish is original or not.  It may have been painted over at some point.  There are some white spots on the finish mainly on the top.  The bottom left front has a line in the wood grain going up and down that can be seen in the pictures.  There are some nics and scratches here and there.  I am not sure if the black buttons in the middle front of the radio work.  The far right button has WKMA written on a piece of paper and placed inside the button.  The cloth on the front has small frayed spots mainly towards to top left, bottom right, bottom left, and top right. 

You may want to take a look at my other milk and medicine bottle auction listings for there may be something else of interest to you. 

Please see the picture for specifics related to the item and it's condition.  Feel free to ask if you have any further questions on these items for I have provided what I felt is the most pertinent for the listing and there may be something else you would like answered.  I am not an expert on these items and I represent them to the best of my ability with no intention of misleading anyone.  If you have a question or would like another picture please ask.  I will get back to you and/or do as you request.  Thank you for your interest in the auction my friends and have a blessed day!  : )

I always give every effort to make all aspects of the transaction as seemless and smooth as possibly.  Please feel free to bring up any matter that you may have  with the item or the service I provided to you.  I strive for perfection and I am human so at times I may make a mistake in some capacity.  Please give me the opportunity to resolve the issue and put a smile on your face.  Thank you.  : )

Shipping is also free on this item.  It will be shipped either USPS Parcel Post or Priority Mail depending on where the winning bidder resides.  Also if you are a Michigan resident there is a 6% sales tax added to your winning auction amount total. Thank you for your understanding.  : )

----------------------------------------------

1) International shipping is offered when listed as being so.

2) Insurance is offered and required on items sold over $100.00 at the buyer's cost.

3) No insurance offered on items under $100.00.

4) If you would like any additional mailing services (delivery confirmation/tracking) it is the buyer's responsibility.

5) Shipping can be combined if you are a winner on multiple items.

6) Paypal is the preferred payment method.

7) Please wait for an invoice prior to making your payment.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment