Sunday, September 11, 2011

Antique RARE Vintage MAJESTIC Radio model 1250 Console


FOR SALE - MAJESTIC Model 1250 FIVE BAND RADIO

Given to me by my grandfather in 1977. I used the radio quite often until my grandfather’s passing in 1986. It’s time to sell it. I am not sure if it will still work due to it being in storage so long. For this reason I am selling AS-IS for restoration or parts. It may still work, I just don’t trust the electrolytics due to lack of use. The cabinet wear is a lot less than it could be due to a one family owner and stored when not in use. The glass and brass face are perfect. I never tried to get any shine to the brass so as to keep the aged look. The cabinet is also untouched. The knobs are made of real wood. The speaker is electromagnetic. This unit must be very scarce or I have one of the last ones around. I have been searching for information on this radio for more than 10 years and have found nothing. Never found any listing on eBay or any other auction site. I also checked antique magazines for anything to no avail. I did find the Riders service data online dated October 1937. The year coincides with what I was told by a radio collector. Another collector e-mailed me the following:
"Your Majestic model 1250 is a 12 tube high end console. Yes I have one identical to your radio. Yours is the third one including mine that I have seen in 20 years or so of collecting old radios. The other one was up on ebay from a Canadian guy a couple years ago. It is mistakenly identified with a wrong model number in the Stein Console book. Stein typoed the model number as 1280. Stein priced it at around $2500."

The cabinet measures about 46 inches high by 14 inches deep and 26 inches wide.

The 5 radio bands are:
UHF in MC - FOREIGN in MC - POLICE in MC - WEATHER in KC - AMERICAN BROADCAST in KC.

The 5 controls are:
TONE - HI FIDELITY - RANGE - TUNING - VOL. ON/OFF

I hope this finds a new home and can be in working order again.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment