Sunday, November 27, 2011

Antique Radio Philco 1939 39-6 40 Watts

 Philco  Antique Radio 39-6 40 Watts

This is an early 39-6 Philco wood radio with tubes that works fine. The radio is in fine condition with some surface wear.
The radio does have a couple of cracks on tuning window (see pic's) other than that the wood finish would
need to be restored. no deep cracks, dents or chips. This is a radio that my grandfather owned. I've had it in my closet for
the last 13 years.

Copy and paste this link to hear and see the radio.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt87syCdTGk

The radio works great, will play all local AM radio station. Will make a humming (sometimes) noise until a station is tuned in,
not sure if that's how radios work back in those days, but nothing annoying.  Sound is nice and loud.
Also I don't know what the two wires behind the unit are used for. I'll let an expert figure that out.
To all the countless watchers, This will be he last time I'll list this item. I will sell it locally for a slightly lesser price because
I have not gotten any bids here on eBay. Thanks for looking.

** Will be shipped with bubble wrap in the tube area so the tubes remain stable during shipping. Be sure to remove after delivery.**

Bidding

Please e-mail me with any questions before bidding.

Shipping

My shipping fees include the materials we use for careful packaging, including: reinforcement materials, bubble wrap, and envelopes. I will try to mail your purchase within three business days of your cleared (paypal) payment. 


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment