Sunday, December 25, 2011

1947 1948 Vintage Antique GENERAL ELECTRIC Model 62 Clock Radio Bakelite WORKS


1947 1948 Vintage Antique GENERAL ELECTRIC Model 62 Clock Radio Bakelite WORKS

I just rescued this radio from an estate sale. I plugged it in and it worked great. I was able to pick up two AM stations in my area. Some minor distortion on the speaker, but I think I may have not been totally tuned in. It sounded good to me!!

This one was out in the garage, so its going to need a thorough cleaning. I think the case will come clean no problem, but you can see in the picutres, the cord is pretty grimey. Maybe some soap and water or an alcohol pad will clean it up. A couple marks topside, and I took a picutre of each.

I will ship it at actual cost worldwide. It weighs almost 7 pounds unpacked and the box will be 9 and change with all the packing material to keep it safe. Just wanted you to be aware of why shipping costs what it does. I dont charge for any material or handling, just the weight of the package.

Radio is approx. 10.5x6.2x5.4 inches. I couldn't find another one on Ebay, so when I did an internet search, I saw some magazine ads for this model in both 1947 and 1948 magazines.




I ask that you pay within 3 days of end of sale. Ebay automatically files a non-pay claim at the end of four days. I don't do it to be a jerk, I do it as a reminder for you to pay. Thanks for understanding! If you have something come up, just let me know!
Items ship the same or next business day. I ship six days per week unless otherwise noted. Please be aware that shipping the same or next day is all I control in the shipping time. I put tracking numbers on all packages, so feel free to ask, and I will track the details or provide you the number.
Just pay for your item, and we'll get along just fine!
I am searching the garage sales of the world to bring you cool stuff. If I don't have it, let me know what you are looking for, and I will put it on my watch list and then can notify you when I have it posted on Ebay.
Please send all questions via Ebay.



View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment